Thursday, January 24, 2013

Real or Fake, but Preppy Allover.




We're going back to last Thursday for this one. I wore my amazingly soft cotton/silk flannel dress that Oscar got for me as a thank you for supporting him through grad school so far. It's from LL Bean Signature. It's also got pockets. All dressed need pockets. That's gotta be on my Fashion Rules list somewhere. I should work on that sometime. It'd make a good post, yes? Rule number one? No tapers with pleats. Anyway, I totally June Cleavered the dress with a red cardigan and pearls. I inherited the pearls from my grandmother. The sweater is J.Crew. Oh and I don't know if you can see the earrings, but they're porcelain flowers. My gran brought them back from England for me. I was probably 10 or 12 and I hated them at the time. Now I love them. Although I think they may have been a bit much for this outfit

On to Tuesday. Again, a red sweater with pearls.



Despite the properness of Thursday's outfit, Tuesday's look is way more preppy. Pearls are always preppy, right? Unless they're one long strand tied in a knot. Then they're kind of slutty in a flapper kind of way. But with a classic red sweater? Ta da!! Preptastic

1 comment:

Alana said...

Very 1950s.

I like the mulistrand look on the second pic.