Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Boobies

Just kidding. But I'm wearing slutty pearls today. I mentioned them last post. I guess I'm just running through my pearls posts. These are from my other grandmother. My mom's mom. My two grandmothers were so different. My mom's mom had a lot of cheap, but great stuff. My dad's mother had a few nice things. My mom's mom was born in Castle Hayne (Wilmington), NC. My dad's mom was born in London, England. Probably the biggest reason I don't have a southern accent was her having me recite "How now brown cow" over and over again. She immigrated at 14 in 1929. The family lived in Queens. My mom's mom lived in NC most of her life. She and my grandfather moved to Indiana (where he was from) for a while. They moved to NC in 1959 or 1960. My mom was five-ish.

I can't tell if this is a nice set of pearls. Surely they're fake, but the pearl finish is in remarkably good nick. No chipping. And the string used to be knotted between each pearl, which is quality. My multi-strand from the last post doesn't have it. This stringing is falling apart, though. A bead or two must have broken off at some point because there's a pretty long gap of naked string. And you can see where somebody tied it back together. Maybe I'll have them restrung. However, that'd be pretty expensive for a fake set of pearls. Could I learn to do it myself? There are probably a million tutorials and videos on the Google.

Yesterday, I was cripplingly bored. I'm on medication for ADHD, and I forgot it. So on top of not having much to do, I couldn't focus on faking it. Unmedicated ADHD is like running knee deep in honey. Medicated, I feel the way I think normal people feel. Capable, motivated, less bored. I came to the realization recently that I'm not actually lazy. I'm just bored, and when I'm bored, I'm extremely unmotivated.

Moping has been my MO the last couple of days. It's this gray weather. I must run more to counteract it. I will run today when I get home.

1 comment:

Alana said...

you're not alone. i'm mopey too.

i like the history in your blog post. seems you have an interesting magnetic attraction to indiana. smirg. smug smirk.