Monday, January 21, 2013

Two posts for one


1. One is better than two.


I started out Friday with two plastic chain link necklaces. Well, you can see. I thought it was a good look until I took off the teal one. It was a much better look overall without it. I looked less like a kid playing in her mother's jewelry. Had I not had Ke$ha face with the second photo, I would say I looked more like the mother of the above situation.



The necklaces are J.Crew Outlet.

2. Scarf it down.


No necklace today. Instead I'm wearing my England scarf.


I'm to the point where I'm bored with my own writing. I'm not bored of writing. I could write forever. But when I read back what I've written, I find it incredibly boring. So what can I say about a scarf that isn't boring? I must find exciting synonyms for "great." I'm going to make a list that I can just pick from when I write because of course anything I write about is going to be "great." So synonym 231 on the list: Sensational. Isn't this scarf sensational?

The scarf is from Madewell.

~~~

I went skiing this weekend. Or should I say I went falling? I never could stop, so I just fell instead. I'm really good at falling. You think I've being vicious, but I'm not. The instructor said I was good at falling. I'm a natural. I think it's just my natural inclination that to slow down, going downhill, you lean back. At least that's how it works in running. But with skiing, you weight needs to be on the balls of your feet while you lean your shins forward so they're resting on the boot. Then you bend your knees so your butt is over your feet. So you're not really leaning forward or back. Then, to slow down, you're supposed to make a wedge with the skis. And I swear I was doing that, but I never slowed down. And forget about steering. I just don't deal well with any standing momentum that isn't walking.

1 comment:

Alana said...

nice Ke$ha face. I've actually been listening to her music on Pandora a lot so I appreciate the usage.

I don't mind the doubled up necklace in the first photo. I have the same pairing though, so can agree that sometimes one is better than both.

As for scarfing it up, it is sophisticated.....to use another homonym.