Monday, March 26, 2012

FPotD: Rory Gilmore, Eat Your Heart Out


Little known fact: I like Gilmore Girls. I used to love it. I've seen it from beginning to end three times. It used to be on ABC Family when I got home from work. It was my thing. In later seasons, Rory's style went really feminine. In one episode Rory wore a ballet wrap sweater and I loved it. I've been looking for one for ages. Well, I was in Old Navy yesterday and they had the perfect ballet wrap sweater. Since it has been on my list for years, I nabbed it for $12. Anyway, today's Fashion Point is Rory Gilmore, Eat Your Heart Out. And bonus points because I have a character. I'm the person who tells Rory Gilmore to eat her heart out. Oh, the dress is also Old Navy. Also only $12.




I had a busy weekend. I had a noontime 5K on Saturday. I PRed by a minute with 30:47. I am determined to break thirty this year. For my Indy Mini training, I was scheduled for a 10 mile run, so after the 5K (+1mile warmup) I went out for six more miles. Worst six miles, ever. But oh well, I killed the 5K.

Sunday I went on a horseback trail ride with Aulaire. My ass hurts so badly today. It had been nine years since I'd been on a horse. Last time I went was with my cousin Jennifer. She has a friend who runs a farm that offers trail rides. They usually let the horses run back to the stables. I'd never run on a horse and promptly fell off. After the shock wore off and my lungs inflated, it was pretty awesome. I fell off a horse! How crazy is that? I didn't fall off this time, but it was fun. There were a couple of hairy hills, though. I want to do an equestrian FPotD, sometime.

After riding, we went mushroom hunting. It's a thing here in Indiana. It seems kind of secret too. Nobody shares their spots. The mushrooms go for $40/pound in an abundant season. We didn't come away with many. I got four. You cut them in half to soak in salt water overnight. That kills the bugs. Then you toss them in flour and fry them in butter. So Oscar and I will get just a taste of this Indiana tradition.

4 comments:

Alana said...

Wow that is an outfit of savings!

I love that you say you've wanted a ballet wrap for years and finally treated yourself to one...for $12. Mr. J. Crew is rolling in his grave. Yes, I assume that is a man's name although it could be like J.K. Rowlings and just a ploy to hide a woman's identity.

Also, wow you fell off a horse! How Hey Dude of you :)

Finally, mushroom hunting??? You had quite the country weekend.

Alana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Loads!

Anonymous said...

Loads! Still throbbing!