Wednesday, March 21, 2012

FPotD: Not Everything I Own is From J.Crew

My original FPotD was "Not Everything I Own Is from J.Crew." But I forgot that and was thinking "Myrtle Beach Coastline." The ocean water there is a greenish gray. If you're expecting Caribbean blue, you'll be disappointed, but it is a lovely color in its own right. Oh, and my white tank top could be sea foam.



But then, there was a test of the Emergency Alert System. I'm a psychic for dressing in tornado colors today. Gray and teal? That's a stormy color combination. I like my original points, but EAS is much more applicable today.
So the outfit. The dress is from Kohl's. The sweater is from Target. The necklace has a story. They're silk wrapped beads. When I was very young, my mother had me in a little shop and I was so taken with the necklace and I was so damn cute that the shopkeeper gave it to me. My mother held onto it for years. Good call on her part. I didn't know that story until she gave it to me before we moved to Bloomington. As an adolescent, I thought it was a stupid ugly thing. But I fell in love with it in college. So I would have ruined or tossed it as a child. Funny how tastes change.

Oh yeah and my shoes. I'm not showing them with the whole outfit because frankly, all together it's a dud. The shoes were a mistake. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but they fail this outfit.
Going off the shoes alone, today's fashion point would be "Sally." Like from "Nightmare Before Christmas." I feel like Sally when I wear them. Like limbs should just fall off of me. I also call these my wicked witch shoes. I need striped tights with them. I wish I could wear a flowy skirt and ride a bike in these shoes. If I could base a wardrobe off a single item I already own, these would be a contender. I got them at the outlets. They're the Indigo label by Clark's. I love half the shoes on this label. They're quirky but not insane. The other half is just ugly. I want this pair:
 

Too bad about that price, though.
Spring has sprung and I want to go shopping. I want to spend so much money. It's such a perplexing urge. I don't know what it satisfies. What does it satisfy? What is this desire for new stuff? Why does it so often outweigh my desire to save up for bigger things? I should just run when I get the urge to shop.

Oscar and I are moving in a couple of months. Just to a new apartment. I think I'm going to start packing a box a day. That way it'll be easier when the big day arrives. I'm really looking forward to the purge, though. I think I like getting rid of stuff almost as much as I like getting stuff.

No comments: