Tuesday, March 27, 2012

FPotD: Emma Swan in a Dystopian Future

Another TV character today. Emma Swan is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. As their castle is under attack by the evil queen, Snow and Charming transport their daughter to safety in our universe. The queen then transports all of fairyland to a place called Storybrook, Maine. Time stands still and nobody can come or go. That is until Emma shows up, lured by her son who was adopted by the evil queen who is now the Mayor of Storybrook. Her son insists that she can save everybody from the queen/mayor's evil spell. Emma wears a red leather biker jacket and boots. All. The. Time.



That's my look today, except my jacket and boots are black, which is where the dystopian future comes in. I feel like all clothes are black in a dystopian future.



I feel like a bad ass in this outfit. I have swagger. I got the jacket in NYC at a store called Uniqlo. I think it was $30. Or $50. Either way, I think it was a good deal. The sweater & necklace are J.Crew. The pants are Urban Outfitters. I love the pants. They are the best. The boots are Miss Mooz.

 
They were an amazing find. I'd had black boots on my list for a couple of years. I went into Relish, a local home/clothing boutique, just to kill time before picking Oscar up from work. And there they were on the half-off table. They were the last pair and they fit perfectly, even the calves. Their style name is Bonnie, which is my mom's name. How could I not buy these boots?

So that's today's fashion point.

I'm still sore from Sunday. I'm starting to see the first signs of aging, I guess.

I've been obsessively listening to fun. Nate Ruess, the singer is pretty awesome. He reminds me of Freddie Mercury, who is also a recent obsession (his teeth fascinate me). Both their voices are so clear and powerful. So clear. Back to Freddie Mercury's teeth. I've decided that Jessica Paré, Mrs. Don Draper, is a female Freddie Mercury. They have similar teeth. They're great and adorable.

2 comments:

Alana said...

i love the copycat photo. fantastic! great angle. very badass.

Fun is great. The lead singer used to be from Phoenix based group The Format. I loved the Format, great guitar based story songs. You should listen to some of their stuff if you like Fun. Its less produced.

Anonymous said...

Love that serious look! You caught me masturbating to you again! And you need to help now!