Monday, March 19, 2012

Fashion Point of the Day: Joan's Day Off Is My Day On

My friend Ashley and I have occasional back and forths about our Fashion Points of the Day. I guess it's an artist's need to name things, even if it is just "Untitled." It's a way to describe what we are thinking when choosing an outfit. It's a mood for the day. It's us being quippy.

So today's Point? Joan's Day Off Is My Day On.

Note: This expression is just what I caught. I took the picture on my work computer and was terrified of getting caught. It would have just been embarrassing. I will try to remember to take a photo at home next time.










Joan's Day Off. Joan is Joan Harris from Mad Men. Basically this outfit reminds me of something she'd wear on her day off. But we live now and I don't have a dress code at work, so I try to look generally nice. And nice now would have been weekend attire 50 years ago.

The pants are Minnie from J.Crew. I love them. They are the best pants ever. I have four pairs. Gray, black, navy, red. Overkill? I think so. Which is part of why I'm starting this series on the blog. If I can be more intentional in choosing my outfits, perhaps I'll be more intentional in my shopping. Perhaps, I'll even shop less. I'd like to make a goal of no new clothes (thrifting would be okay) for six months, but I don't want to fail. And I'm pretty sure I would. I'd like to apply that to things as well. No new things for six months. Unless I can identify the need before the purchase. Sometimes, you do actually need something as much as a person needs anything these days. Or perhaps, no new things unless and old thing goes out. I don't know. I'm starting to ramble. I would just like less stuff in general and I could use any little tricks I can think of.

1 comment:

Alana said...

best line ever: And nice now would have been weekend attire 50 years ago.