Thursday, March 22, 2012

FPotD: Erin from "The Office" Has this Same Shirt . . .


I'm wearing green today. But green is cannot a fashion point. That's way too easy. That's why today's FPotD is "Erin from 'The Office' Has this Same Shirt, but I Bet Hers Doesn't Have a Tiny Hole In It."

There's really no explanation needed, except mine has a tiny hole near the hem. I almost can't see it, so I won't trash the shirt, but I know it's there and that annoys me. I love it when tv characters have the same clothes as me. Next time I wear my pink sweater with the ruffle placket, the FPotD will be Ellie from cougar town has the same sweater.

I heard a story on NPR about "Days of Our Lives." They talked about how it's not doing well and consequently neither are the budgets. The actors used to wear $30,000 wedding dresses. Now it's Target. It just makes me wonder about the wardrobe budgets of my favorite shows. Id like to live in a world where a receptionist can afford J. crew on a regular basis.

So yeah, the shirt is J. Crew. Go figure. When Oscar and I went to Myrtle Beach last month for the (half) marathon, we forgot my suitcase so I needed a pair of pants and a couple of shirts. Rather than hunt and hunt for a pair of jeans that fit well, we went to jcrew, where every pant knows my game. I also got this shirt. I love it because the lacy top feels sexy on my shoulders, but it looks demure. The skirt is from Gap. It's from the Holiday 08 collection. I love that stores started dating their clothes. I like to think it was to help out Plato's closet, but who knows.



And check out these shoes. They are everything I love in a shoe. They're timeless. I could travel back in time to any decade up to the fifties and my shoes would not stand out. Well, maybe the chunky chunky late nineties would be an issue. They're graceful with perfect embellishment.



Oh and there's more green. Check out this mugshot of my hand. Check out that grey green polish. Isn't is sickening yet flattering? It's OPI On Stranger Tides. It's from their Pirates of the Caribbean collection, so that name was a given. But how cool would it be to have that job? I know, I know. How Clementine-Manic-Panic of me.


Dang. Now I wanna watch "Eternal Sunshine."

6 comments:

Alana said...

this is day two of me dressing in bunny colors. i wore light pink and gray yesterday and today i'm rocking light brown and pink to now become the velveteen rabbit.

on the same shirt as tv characters, do you buy the shirt first and then see it on tv or vice versa? also, how did you forget your suitcase????

Alana said...

also what does FPotD stand for? F? photo/post of the day?

Alana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carman said...

First of FPotD is Fashion Point of the Day.

Second. I buy it first. Then notice it on TV.

Third. Ugh. I left it in the bedroom. Oscar packed the car and thought everything was in the living room. It was a joint effort

Anonymous said...

First cum of the day!