Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lack of sleep it is

I went to bed at 10 pm last night, which means I got 8 whole hours of sleep.  I'm a totally different and dry person today.  No crying.  I hate it when something so simple as sleep so disrupts my existence.  I also, didn't screw up dinner last night.  It was tasty and will be again at lunch today.  

David Bowie!  


"I Am an Insolent Child"
I walked into the service department of the VW dealership in town and slammed the maintenance schedule down on their counter. 
"It says 10,000 miles between oil changes!" 
Violently poking the counter, I continued, "You scumballs are just trying to make me spend $70 twice as often as I need to.  If you weren't the only dealer in town, and if I weren't under warranty, you'd be seeing my tailpipe right now."  
I accidentally drilled my finger through the top of their counter, leaving a splintered hole as I walked to my car.  They saw my tailpipe.  Too bad they'll see my headlights in 3,000 miles.

~~~

I walked into the service department of the VW dealership in town and slammed the maintenance schedule down on their counter.
"It says 10,000 miles between oil changes!"
Violently poking the counter, I continued, "You scumballs are just trying to make me spend $70 twice as often as I need to. If you weren't the only dealer in town, and if I weren't under warranty, you'd be seeing my tailpipe right now."
"Well miss, if you'll notice that little disclaimer there." Pointing to my maintenance schedule: 

"The intervals shown in the table are based on vehicles operating under normal conditions. In the case of severe conditions, such as extremely low temperatures, excessive dust, etc., it is necessary for certain operations to be carried out between the given intervals. This applies particularly to ENGINE OIL CHANGE and the cleaning or replacing of the air cleaner filter element. Automobile technology changes continuously. Your authorized Volkswagen dealer always has the most current Service and Maintenance information for your Volkswagen model, which may differ from the check points listed in your Owner 's Manual. Your Volkswagen Service Advisor can answer any questions you may have."

"Oh. But still. Idonwanna change my oil every 5,000 miles.  It's synthetic."
"But don't you want to take good care of your car so it will last longer and in better health?"
"--"
"--"
"Yes."
They saw my tailpipe tucked between my back wheels as I drove away after the 5,000 mile oil change.

No comments: