Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm here now

I met with a printmaking prof at IU today. He asked why I hadn't come to see him ealier. I've been here a year (almost). What can I tell him. I was depressed. Last summer was super hard, working at Hobby Lobby, having no friends in town. I could tell him I was scared too. I didn't meet with him immediately, so I was scared I'd wasted too much time. I've done that way more than once. I let something go for a week and assume the person will be mad, so I put off contacting them more...and more. It's been almost five years since I just didn't show up to tutor students from my high school english teacher's remedial class. I just didn't show up. Can I use my grandmothers' deaths as an excuse? I should email her. Maybe the guilt of dropping that obligation is what's holding me back now. I could probably hold onto that for that long. Oh, and there's the time I just didn't call back to volunteer at Cola Museum of Art. I still get their e-mails, but I never actually volunteered.

So why didn't I meet with Art Prof sooner? It doesn't matter. I'm here now.

No comments: