Monday, April 28, 2008

Dear Abby

The sky looks like it's about to reach maximum saturation. How soon will it rupture?  Every time I glance away it darkens, as though my eyelids were drooping more heavily than they are.

Dear Abby,
   A bit of advice on couples moving in together.  Know how the other lived/would have lived alone.  How do I address my annoyances in a timely and composed manner?  Sometimes I don't even know I'm annoyed until something unrelated sets me off.  And then, I go nuts.  Crying and screaming, trying to get out what's wrong.  So it leads to headaches and guilt.  What good does that do?

*****

I often start posts and have to leave them and forget about them until I start a new one.  This just happened above.  That feels like ages ago, but demonstrates how I figure stuff out after the fact.  I compose a letter to an advice columnist in my head and try to figure out what they'd say. I don't know how/why, but it works sometimes.

I prefer Amy Dickinson, though.  Abby is just more recognizable.

No comments: