Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Tomorrow I leave for Indiana. First Purdue, then IU Bloomington with a brief stop in Hamilton because I'll be too close to not stop in on Katie. So far, I have no one to talk to in Bloomington, but I'm hoping a grad student will contact me soon. I've sent a few emails to professors who said they'll be out of town but perhaps an MFA candidate could take me around. If all else fails I can walk around alone and check out their art museum, which Holy Cow! looks hot. Their online collection is more high profile than Columbia Museum of Art's permanent collection. Although, in CoMA's defense, there's some great stuff in their storage. My printmaking class went down there last semester. It was one of the coolest museum experiences of my life. I hadn't been that awed since the Chicago Institute of Art when I was fifteen, when I was still movable. It was so amazing to see all this great (and some of it recognizable) art just thrown up on walls, some without frames. Then they pulled out works on paper from their flat files. Wow.

No comments: