Sunday, March 4, 2007

Five States, 3 days.

South Carolina, North Carolina, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina.

I guess Georgia is iffy as I was only there for a layover. But let's get started.

Friday:
I spoke with Kathryn Reeves of Purdue. She seems super cool and really urged me to apply this year, but I can't. No way. I'd only have a few days...Gah! Can't do it. I want to work for a year anyway. But I definitely liked Purdue. Maybe because it reminds me of USC. It's size is comparable, but with a better name. She liked my little thank you prints. You can see them here and here. They're the dimensions of a Polaroid picture. It's weird how much harder that small a size is.

Purdue is very collegiate. They way you see in pictures and catalogs.

Then I drove to Oxford and Hamilton to visit Katie. We ate at Phan-Shin. And quick preface, I haven't been to Oxford in almost 2 years. And I was only there for 2 hours. So who walks into Phan-shin, but Katie (the other Katie) and Mike. It was just weird that 2 sets of people who wouldn't normally be in Phan-shin were in Phan-shin. Small world, eh? After dinner, Katie (the first one) and I went to Jungle Jim's. Yuuuum. We talked, did the friend thing. The next day, I headed over to Bloomington, IN.

Saturday:
I drove in snow to IU Bloomington. Met with a grad student. Their resources and facilities are amazing. It's all a blur. I drove back to West Lafayette. I tried to sleep cus I was exhausted, but Oscar called and invited me to whatever bar the grad prospectives were at. I got lost lost lost. West Lafayette hates correct street signs and google maps hates West Lafayette. Finally, after 45 minutes of driving, I end up at the bar. It should have taken me 10 minutes. MAX. But it was enjoyable and worth it. Beer, beer, beer. Well, only one beer for me. But following beer was talk talk talk. Then sleep at 12:30 only to wake up at 6 am to get to the airport in time. And now, back home.


No comments: