Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Morning After

Last night, the chem grad students took us out. Darts seems to be the thing to do in TallC. Darts and drinking. The chem department is definitely trying to buy our love. I drank for free. I started out just fine, but then one of the grad students started ordering rounds of shots. Somehow I was in on all of them. Then I capped it all of with a gin & tonic. But there was no tonic.
In meeting all those many new people I originally decided it would be easier to let them assume I was a chem student. But that's all they wanted to talk about, so I had to fess up to being an art student, which cut me out of most conversation until we were all too drunk for conversation. By then, we were upstairs at the "dance" club. The floor was literally and frighteningly shaking. They were playing late-80s to mid-90s rap. And there were these costumed dancers. Some guy was dressed as a girl, complete with fake breasts with fake nipples. He kept flashing us. I think I was the only person bothered by this.

No comments: