Saturday, February 17, 2007

Starting at the bottom

I went to the mall today. I figured it was the easiest place to wander around lost, while trying to get a feel for TallC. And, it was a mall. That's all there is to say about it. There was a Godiva store, which had free samples. Amazingly, the tiny disc of chocolate has overfilled my chocolate wants for the day. But now, I'm kinda hankering TGI Friday's. Why? Why am I falling into this easy option rut here? Perhaps because I'm alone in my wandering. Or perhaps because TGI Fridays has that 3 course meal for $12.99 deal. I think I'm going to crash Oscar's dinner thing tonight. But maybe not. They'll probably talk a lot of chemistry, and feel awkward about me. Telling me someone has to make pretty things. Why can't I just automatically assume that their trivializing and joking about art is a weird way of being friendly? I know that's all it it, but it still bothers me when they say, "Ah, you make pretty things." I hear "Ah, you make unimportant things." That's not what they mean.

No comments: