Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Link of today

Janice Hartwell is a printmaking professor at FSU. Just thought I'd share a link to her website. I like "World Trade" all the way through "Nature of Nature." It all fits together well, and subjectively, I like the look of all that work. The earlier stuff seems like she was hashing out her own style. And though her style is consistent, it isn't identical to the point of boring. I'd say it's too soon to tell on "A Matter of Taste." So far, though it seems a little dull. Monochromatic with stable compositions. But the titles do give justification, which I get a little giggle out of.

So there you go...Janice Hartwell.

I'm going to try to do this once a week. Link an artist. I'm stealing the idea from a friend who had a blog devoted entirely to such a venture.

No comments: