Monday, February 11, 2013

Manly FPotD

Oscar asked me to write about his look yesterday. It was a good look, so of course I am obliging. Oscar has a great sense of style. He doesn’t get to exercise it all that often because his job involves acid on a daily basis. He’s got one shirt with the bottom corner nearly eaten away. He wears it over a contrasting undershirt and voila, it looks intentional. Like a laser cut shirt. So even with what should be garbage, he’s got a good look going on.

I asked him what his fashion point of the day was. He said, “Texture.”



Cordovan shoes, chunky tweed pants and a chunky wool sweater with elbow patches. Plus, the waxed canvas Barbour jacket. So yeah, texture is a good word for it. The pants are especially brilliant. They’re full of colorful texture knots. This is one of his favorite looks because he wears some riff on it nearly every weekend. He likes the polished professor look. Tweedy, but not baggy or disheveled. I hope he can dress like this more someday. His ultimate goal is to be a professor, in fact. He’s working on it, but I’m not saying any more because so much is still up in the air.

I’m quite pleased he asked me to write about him. I like him participating in this part of my life. I know he reads this, but it’s nice to have him model. And isn’t he a sharp model?

2 comments:

Alana said...

super sharp model. i like his pose, way the wind hits his hair and the fact he isn't smiling.

aka a total model

Oscar Judd said...

was that the last time I shaved?