Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cemetery Gates

There is an in house ad by our student radio station. It’s got this really cute acoustic guitar/bass riff. It’s adorable. Totally Pete & Pete. For two years, I’ve been dying to know what song it is, but I can never pull my phone and Sound Hound out fast enough. It’s maybe ten seconds of song.

Belle and Sebastian sometimes make great running music, so I was running through their songs alphabetically and came to a cover of “The Boy with the Thorn in His Side.” So I thought I’d see how the Smiths are for running. It turns out they’re terrible, except for “The Boy with the Thorn in His Side.” But I was going through alphabetically again and guess what song comes after “The Boy . . . .” “Cemetery Gates” Guess what song “Cemetery Gates” is. Yes, it’s the song from the radio station commercial.

It makes me realize how little I listen to my own music. I’ve been sitting on that song since I visited my cousin in Mississippi in 2004. So now I’m going through all The Smiths on Spotify. You’d think I’d be obsessed with the Smiths. What with how jangly they are.

I forgot an accessory again today. And my outfit is schlubbier than I anticipated. I don’t want to document how wrinkled the hem is. I mean it’s scrunched way up. Tomorrow, though, I will accessorize and I’ll wear something presentable. Promise!


Here's a picture, just for the sake of having a picture. It's Euler under a pile of jeans.

2 comments:

Alana said...

adorbs....

when my skirt hems are wrinkly and i'm super lazy but not too lazy to not do anything....i flat iron them straight....

Carman said...

That's brilliant.