Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Peter Pan Went to Oxford

Ack! No accessories again today! So I will do a Fashion Point of the Day. And that is, "Peter Pan Went to Oxford."



About the shoes. They were expensive. And I don't usually like to spend a lot of money on something so on trend. But I've also discovered that the only way to get comfortable shoes is to spend some money on them. I tried on every pair of oxfords I came across and all of them were hideously uncomfortable. They were all high on the ankle, stiff, and tight. These are low, butter soft, and wide in just the right places. Oh and they breath because they're all leather, which also means they don't smell like petroleum. 

Speaking of smells, my grandmother's pearls and their storage bag still smell like her. It's been nine years since she died (which is impossible to comprehend) and they still smell like her. How is that possible? It makes me cry every time I pull them out. I took them to be appraised last week and I left the bag so it wouldn't lose its smell. I won't have the pearls cleaned, either. Not yet.

1 comment:

Alana said...

i love the shoes. you know i was with you about price and comfort, but sometimes then i find the trashiest, well in so much that they are completely fake material, shoes and i wear the crap out of them and they are comfortable and then i'm like i just don't get how things work anymore.