Monday, March 26, 2007

I was reading a random blog from a random stranger a friend of mine knows. He was reviewing burgers. I want to do the same.

5 pts diner (Columbia): With it's great spice and cheddar offerings, these burgers are my favorite in Columbia. Plus they have tots and Newcastle.

Freshmarket (Columbia): They have pre-made patties that you buy and cook. I only have 3 words: Gouda and Portabello.

River City Cafe (Myrtle Beach): This used to be my favorite place for burgers, but they seem greasier than necessary. Also, I don't like their buns or fries, so they aren't my favorite anymore.

Louis' (in Pawley's Island): Expensive, but they grind their own meat, so they can cook your burger to any temperature. And despite my love of (nearly) raw meat, I don't recommend anything cooler than medium.

CJ's (Myrtle Beach): Good fries, good shakes, good memories. Reasonable burgers.

The Whig (Columbia) $2 burgers at a bar. They're okay, but for $2 and the atmosphere of the wig, I'd probably eat McDonalds burgers. Plus, they have Gouda Mac & Cheese and cheap drink specials.

No comments: