Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sisters in Law

My brother is getting married sometime next year. I like his fiancé. I've only met her a couple of times, so I haven't developed any kind of sisterly relationship. I wasn't trained for that kind of thing. My mom doesn't have sisterly relationships with her SIL's. She has really tense relationships actually. God, I hope I can avoid that. I like Oscar's sister a lot, but I don't know how to interact with her. I know we probably wouldn't be friends if it weren't for Oscar. We just don't do similar things. But she's really friendly and fun to be with. I just wish I knew how to be open with her and Sarah.

William and Sarah are getting married in my parents' backyard. Absolutely precious. I like backyard weddings. And you can't get any better than my parents'. The previous owners got married there too. Heck, I might get married there. But that plan is still a ways off.

My boss is taking me and the other girl to the Chamber of Commerce Luncheon. We are members and do some printing for them. I'd like to know why they never, ever have high quality logos. They send us 72 ppi jpgs. WTF! They're the effing CoC. They don't have/can't get an .eps?

Farmer's Market this morning was great. All my favorite flowers are out. Bloomington Coffee Roasters had a new Mexican roast out. It was very light and amazing. There were tons of bell peppers and I got some of the last local peaches of the year, even though they're on sale for 88¢/lb at Kroger. I may go buy more there. I also got some fromage blanc and cottage cheese from Trader's Point. The cottage cheese is unbelievable. I don't even like cottage cheese, but I can eat this straight on a fork. The fromage blanc is delicious in pasta. Quick recipe:

Pasta of choice for as many people as you'll be feeding. I think a pound is good for four.
Fromage blanc (I think ricotta will work too)
Broccoli, coursly chopped (I like a lot, but this is all to preference).
1 handful Pine nuts or Walnuts
2-4 cloves garlic, chopped
Olive Oil
Red pepper flakes, parsley, oregano, and or basil to taste

Cook pasta per package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil and garlic in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When you start hearing the garlic sizzle, add the broccoli and any herbs. Cover and let cook until broccoli is cooked to your liking. I prefer it pretty crisp, so I only let it cook 5-8 minutes. Add the pasta and toss everything around a few times. Remove from heat and add in a big spoonful of fromage blanc. Stir it in to melt in the pasta. Keep stirring in spoonfuls until the pasta is coated to your liking. Sprinkle on some fresh parmesan cheese, if you'd like. Enjoy!

This is a fun combination to play with. Play with the herbs. Try spinach or zucchini instead of broccoli. You could add cooked chicken or shrimp.

Edit: Don't toss the pasta into the veggies. Put it back in the pot and toss in the cheese. It's easier to coat the pasta if you can swirl and toss it. Then add all the veggies to the pasta pot. I made this tonight (09/23) and added red and yellow bell peppers and onion. Quite delicious. This is quickly becoming my mulch dish. I big pile of vegetable remnants

Better be off.

No comments: