Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm not as stupid as Judy must think I am

We have a client with ridiculous two-sided, full-color, full-bleed business cards. They've ordered them for various employees maybe five times in the year I've been here. And I have fucked them up every time. The first time, it was a minor foible. Typo or something. The second time, was probably a typo too, but being the second mess up, it's no longer a foible. The third time, they'd moved, so I had to change their address and I left the old zip code. I'm such a flake. A long time went between the third and fourth. I forgot they'd moved, so I sent the proof with the old address. I'm an idiot. Now, I picked the one oddly formatted card to create proofs for new employees, so the alignment and spacing is all wrong. I can only imagine what the card orderer thinks of me. Has she even noticed that I've fucked up their cards every time she's ordered them? I want to email her some long excuse begging her not to think I'm stupid. But that would probably just annoy her.

No comments: