Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Target uses "Everybody's a Star" by the Kinks in their new commercial promoting the launch of Converse in their stores. It's off one of those albums I grew up on. "Soap Opera," was a concept album about a rock star trading places with a normal man, Norman. I'm excited to hear the song, but also annoyed because of that whole sell-out stigma of having a song in a commercial.

The girl I took over for is back. In September, she moved to the coast to be with her boyfriend. Well, they broke up, and she's back, and my boss offered her a job. Not her old job, which is to say MY JOB!, but a new position in "Sales and Marketing." From what the fellas in the back tell me, that means she'll sit and do as much of nothing as she can. I worked with her for a month before she moved and she seemed to work, but I'm thinking it was just to show me how things work. I don't think I need to worry about my job, but I will be saving a lot more for a while. And I'll feel less guilty when I leave for grad school.

No comments: