Sunday, August 5, 2007

Well, I still haven't found a job. There are a ton of retail positions opening up. Euler is going through his annoy the crap out of me phase. Wedgie ripped a key off my keyboard when I picked her up to get her off my computer. Fortunately, only one prong broke, so it went back on well enough. Also, it was only the backslash, which I only use on accidenr\t when trying to hit backspace. But I am kinda getting tired of my computer being treated like the inside of a minivan.

The closing lines on the rough draft of my cover letter:
My second greatest strength is my ability to make the best of a bad situation. I’ll tell you my greatest strength when I have a job. My second greatest weakness is my inability to resist pointing out when I’ve made what I think is a good joke.
That's funny, right?

I've been rereading the entire Harry Potter series. In less than a week, I'm up to Goblet of Fire (book 4). I've stayed up til 3 am some nights, so I've been swinging into a nocturnal sleep pattern. Today, however, Oscar was up at 7:30 am to catch the Hungarian Grand Prix. He made the most amazing smelling coffee, so I got up because I absolutely had to drink some. I like feeling like it's 3pm, when in fact, it's 11 am.

Speaking of Oscar. He woke up, and put on his Alonso (his favorite Formula One driver) jersey he bought when we went to the US Grand Prix in Indy. Right after the race, a soccer game (Manchester United v. Chelsea) came on. Manchester is Oscar's favorite team, so he put on their jersey. So there's Oscar, watching two favorite teams, wearing their respective jerseys and South Park pajama pants. I think out of context, that seems really random. Why is Carman talking about jerseys? But let me assure you that in context, it is absolutely adorable and illustrates one of those indefinable things I love about Oscar.

No comments: