Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Photography

I'm a bit of art geek. It's been a while since I've had any structure to my geekery, so my arsenal of vocabulary has rusted a bit. But look at this photo.


Do you love it? You should. It's about the city, yet there's barely a hint of the city. It makes it intensely quiet. This photo whispers. You have to lean in to hear it, but you can totally hear this photo. Sometimes the senses cross. And now I'm on a mission. I want to recreate the feeling of that photo. It's easy, really. PIck a subject and photograph everything around it. Ignore what you want people to see. I love it.



And now for the FPotD: Alana




I'm not positive of this claim, but I'm sure enough to say it. If my friend Alana had to pick an outfit for herself from my closet, this would be it. She once described her style as classic modern euro. Also, I know she's geeking out right now. Hi Alana!

Geez, so self-aware.

1 comment:

Alana said...

duh totally geeking out!

the point about taking a photo of just part of the focal object is pretty cool.

i'm a big fan of layering tops with shells or such so you've got that one down. and good memory on how i described my style. :)