Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Voxtrot

WIUX is running automation right now.  That means the same five hours of music over and over again.  Somehow, I manage to get in my car in some pattern that puts me in the same 3-5 song block.  Which leads to Voxtrot.  Their song, "Ghost" is in my block.  "Ghost" is one of those songs that is amazingly familiar and moving, without making me name the band being ripped off.  I know the song sounds like another band, I just can't finger the right one.  I had to buy the album.   Tinkly like the Smiths, epic like Coldplay, and one random song, "Stephen," is a dead on impersonation of Ben Folds when he sounds like Billy Joel.  

Overall, there are some good songs, but only because they sound like something I've already liked.  In its own right, that's okay.  But I'm still looking for something new.

Five word summary: Smiths, Coldplay, Joel via Folds.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Your leading is wider in the first paragraph than in the second one, and I don't know if that bothers me, or the fact that I notice that bothers me more.