Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Can't move

Clouds too heavy.  
blarg.  It's so dreary today, I can't even exclaim how grossed out I am by the perfect medium gray of the world.  Not just the sky. The entire world was shot with black and white film with a low contrast filter.  Or, some jerk took the world into photoshop and turned down all the saturation, except the sickly yellow of my desk lamp.  

And there's no energy to it. There's no anticipation of a great thunderstorm. No depth to the gray. There's a light wind, but it's not nearly violent enough to make up for the dullness.  I almost feel like I need a kick in the head.  Something really sour or really sweet.  I actually put sugar in my coffee this morning. I haven't done that in at least two years.

There is a particular kind of organization that comes to us for print work. Mostly, I have nothing against these kinds of organizations.  But every time someone comes in looking for this or that I feel a twinge of annoyance.  A little grrr.  And their files are almost always crap.

We have one client, whom I love. He is the perfect curmudgeon, with his grizzled voice and his aches and pains and worries.  Yet he somehow manages not to bring me down with him.  He's always a little cheerful even through the griping. 

No comments: