Sunday, September 23, 2007

Oscar and I rode 15 miles today. He's so much faster than me. In the parking lot of the trail, as we were loading our bikes into their orgy, an older gentleman in velcro shoes and a trucker hat asked us how much we'd ridden. He walked about two miles to keep his sugar down. It's been all out of whack lately because he stopped walking. But Oscar and I must have passed him about six times, which we probably did, depending on how long he'd been out there. It was really, really heartening for him to have noticed how much we'd ridden. Of course, 15 miles is nothing for Oscar who without me would ride 50 in a heartbeat.

Saturday, we went to the Farmer's Market. Heaven. So quaint and uplifting. I bought cheese and yogurt. They don't put geletin in the yogurt so it's "drinkable." I also bought a $3 bouquet of wildflowers, a pot of mums, and a bag of kettle corn. Now that's fall. I'll have to bring my camera next weekend. One of the high schools sends its drama club to do live sculptures. I love this town. It's got such a big heart. Much more concentrated than Columbia. Not to say it doesn't have its drawbacks (a two lane 'by-pass').

I'm purging. I'm taking small loads of stuff to Goodwill. I want an inherintly clean existence. But will it stick?

No comments: