Monday, December 19, 2011

Accidentally Delicious

I've been on a decent Greek yogurt kick lately. Based on food blogs and the Kroger yogurt case, I'm not the only one. I like the honey flavored kind, but hate the idea of paying $1 for 4 ounces of honey "flavor," so I make my own in 4 oz mason jars.

I recently experimented with making my own gel scents in my 4oz mason jars. It's a cool idea where you make a really hard gelatin with a few drops of your favorite essential oil. I tried it with lavender. My first try made a few jars, so I had the leftovers in the fridge, waiting to trade out. Only thing is, they molded over when left out (my second batch doesn't mold). They sat in fridge for ages, the metal lids really absorbing the lavender, until I finally threw them out and washed the jars. The lavender didn't wash out of the lids, though.

You can imagine what accident I'm about to tell you about, right? I made some honey yogurt and used one of the lavender lids. Honey Lavender yogurt. Yes! Big fat stinking culinary win!

No comments: