Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bloomington, IN

We made it, safe and sound. I love Panera for their free wi-fi. And tasty sandwiches.
Driving slowly saves a ton of gas. I stayed behind Oscar in the Penske truck (half the price of U-Haul), and of course he couldn't go very fast. So I got around 35 mpg. Which is good for my car which says it will get 32 hwy.

And so, Friday at half past noon, I arrived at our apartment. Thirty minutes later, Oscar arrived, and the (horrible, I need to drink more water and start weight training) unloading began. About four hours later, we returned the truck and came home with a frozen pizza (which we almost burned). We might also have a default restaurant. Macri's Deli. They hand bread their mozzarella sticks. They have homemade spinach artichoke dip with actual chunks of artichoke. So delicious. Anytime someone comes to Btown, I'm taking them there. Except Ashley, because I'm not sure of their vegetarian options. We may have also found our Chinese take-out place. They're a little pricey ($10 entrees) for take-out, but they have these spring rolls that are pretty close to the ones at Thai Taste in Spartanburg.

On a home front note, my brother wrecked the Camaro, and is lucky to be alive, much less minimally injured. The car, despite appearances is totaled, as the frame was bent by a tree. And since my brother is okay, I can mourn the loss of the car.

I'll post pictures of apartment soon...ish. My aunt and uncle gave me an unbelievable camera as an early birthday/going away present.

No comments: