Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wino(na) Forever!

Katie and Jason came to visit this weekend. It was lovely, though to be honest, I was stressed. I stress when people visit. Gotta clean, gotta entertain, gotta feed. Or so I think. I could have had a lot more fun if I had just relaxed and let it happen.

We went to Oliver Winery because that's what you do when people come to visit. Unless they're in AA or just don't drink. We tasted and I bought the Port, which is warm happiness in a bottle. They were having a case sale on their ValdiguiƩ, so Oscar and I went back on Sunday to buy one. We also bought a half case of the Shiraz Reserve, which is one of my favorites. We added up the price before going so we wouldn't be surprised, but still we were. The price was a good 30% less than expected. We got out to the car and reviewed the receipt and found the problem. The cashier had only charged us for one bottle of the ValdiguiƩ instead of one case. Oscar and I are pretty much as greedy and dishonest as the average person, so while we can admit that we really wanted to drive away with that lovely error, we went back in and corrected the mistake. The cashier was surprised and grateful. The manager gave us a free bottle of the Shiraz Reserve, which was an unnecessary, though greatly appreciated. So now, Oscar and I are set for life with wine.

No comments: